Re: Another CUPS rant.-a little overboard

Ok, I went a little overboard on my rant for cups. One has to have a
proviso. If you happen to have a Cannon BJ 200 printer at home as I
do you are not going to configure it with the cups interface if it
does not  have drivers for that printer. FC4 CUPS out of the box has no drivers
for Cannon printers. So that printer is more easily configured using
system-config-printer.

Again an obvious point that can't be overlooked. You can't use the
straight CUPS interface to configure printers if you don't have
printer drivers available. system-config-printer has legacy drivers
left over from its older incarnations so that program succeeds in
configuring the Canon BJ-200.

That is why one should keep rants to a minimum. It has been a hard
week and I need a rest.

Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship.
		-- Zeuxis
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University