Anaconda Graphic Install Problem

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV charletiv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 18:36:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 07:52 -0700, oldman wrote:

[Installing FC in 96M]

>     The release notes of every FC distro clearly states:
>
>       3.3. Memory Requirements
>       Minimum for graphical: 192MB

Of course, that "minimum" may not be the actual minimum.  I think the
same was said in FC3's release notes, but I needed to get a FC install
(FC3, in this case, due to lingering problems with FC4 on this piece of
hardware) onto a Thinkpad 770X which stubbornly refused to boot with
known good install CDs.  So I pulled out an old Thinkpad 380XD
(P233/96M) and installed FC3 onto that, then transferred the hard drive
back to the 770X.

The only thing was - without thinking I selected "graphical install".
The installer didn't complain a bit about only having 96M of RAM, and
the install went without a hitch.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <charletiv at gmail.com>
*  ( Formerly tomalek at mindspring.com )
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast