ssh login delays

Hi all,
I have two linux boxes at home: FC3 and FC4. I am logging into the FC4 box from FC3 and the time from issuing the 'ssh ....' command until I see the password prompt is 36 seconds. As I am new to this I have no idea where to begin looking for the cause of the delay.

I can login into the FC4 box from my wife's OS X Mac with virtually no delay.

  Pointers please on where to begin looking for the hangup.

TIA

Bob