fstab-sync and permission in /media

I'd like to allow a non root user (amanda) to mount a USB DVD
burner. I've figured out how to get udev to recognize it and build a
sym link and device file in /dev. The device file has the ownership
and permissions I want. So far, so good.

Now, how do I tell fstab-sync what permissions and ownerships I want
on the directory in /media. The docs I've read on HAL and fstab-sync
are either silent or more obtuse than I am.

I'd like to get this working so that amanda can burn DVDs.