Re: What to do when it is impossible to switch of the computer

Rick Chen wrote:

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 05:37 +0200, Liloulinx wrote:

Hi,
What must I do when I try to switch off my computer but it dosn't do it ?
After this, I have done :
Ctrl Alt F2 + shutdown -F now --> it dosn't do any thing
Ctrl Alt F3 + init 0 :  it display me this:
  INIT: Switching to runlevel : 0
  INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
  INIT: Sending processes the kill signal
  INIT: Pid 4182 [id x]  seems to hang
and it is blocked

-- Liloulinx (http://freealilou/free.fr)

at terminal type "poweroff" all else fail you try "ctrl alt del" this should reset the system.

It do nothing whith "ctrl alt del", I think that I will get the same results if I tryed "poweroff"

--
Liloulinx (http://freealilou/free.fr)