Re: What to do when it is impossible to switch of the computer

Liloulinx wrote:
Hi,
What must I do when I try to switch off my computer but it dosn't do it ?
After this, I have done :
Ctrl Alt F2 + shutdown -F now --> it dosn't do any thing
Ctrl Alt F3 + init 0 :  it display me this:
  INIT: Switching to runlevel : 0
  INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
  INIT: Sending processes the kill signal
  INIT: Pid 4182 [id x]  seems to hang

Before you power down, could you do a

ps -ef >psef.log

so you can check which process (in this case
PID 4182) was hanging when the system comes up
again?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk crc dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk