Streaming MMS Server

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 6 15:52:15 UTC 2005

Ben Halicki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a Linux box with apache for our webstuff and wanted to set it up
> to stream multimedia, using Windows Media player as the frontend.  Anyone
> know how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ben Halicki
> Information Technology Officer
> Macquarie Textiles Group Limited
> Phone: +61 2 6043 0235
> Fax: +61 2 6041 1321

[rant]
I for one hate the mms format.  I have fought with it for a few months
now from a commercial site and finally found that we cannot access it
from inside our firewall.
[/rant]

The issue is the protocol is blocked at the firewall.  I can access all
other types of media, just not streaming and I have a better chance of
winning the grand prize in the lottery three times in a row before I can
get it through the firewall. :)

--
Robin Laing