Running wine on FC4 and xorg ATI drivers = system lockup

Anyone else get a hard system lockup when running wine (or cedega) with the xorg ATI drivers? It happens even if I remove the .wine directory and run wine for the first time to create the .wine defaults. During the creation of the default .wine directories my system locks up completely.

The post below at linuxquestions.org resembles my experiences. The common element seems to be we all have an ATI card. I use an ATI 9200 SE.

System:
 P4 2.4GHZ HT  (tried non SMP kernel with same lockups as the result)
 ATI 9200 SE
 FC4 (all released updates)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&postid=1812744#post1812744

BTW. Wine works fine on another system that has a geforce3 card. That system does not have HT.