Re: can yum remove old packages?

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 7:27 pm, Colin J Thomson wrote:

> Indeed, we should mention that Synaptic is a front end for APT :)
> I have found (just my experience) APT to handle the "OP's" situations quite
> well, however I have never experienced problems with that large number of
> dupes.

Yes - I wasn't suggesting he dump Yum for Apt, though. I actually have rotated
through various package managers and have gravitated back to command line yum
for most sessions. I tried apt for awhile, but, I found the robustness of
support for the system to be a little less. Nothing huge. But, for doing
quick compares of what's installed to what's available, and for quickly
seeing issues like multiple installed versions of a package, the interface is
great. I continue to use Synaptic for just that purpose.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA