Re: OT - Any Backup software for LINUX that will backup windows client & Server?

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 13:05 -0500, Jack Taffar wrote:
> Thanks Paul.  I will look into Bacula.  by chance are you using it?  if
> so can it backup all files (system, SQL, etc) on a Windows client?

I use bacula at home since it's similar in principle to Legato
Networker, which I use at work.

You can read about its capabilities for Windows clients at:
http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Windows_Version_Bacula.html

Essentially it can backup all files that don't have exclusive locks on
them (using the Windows backup API), so it can do system files, ACLs
etc. As Les mentioned for backuppc, it would be wise to run a pre-backup
jobs to dump out an SQL database before doing a backup (this can be done
through bacula too).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org>