Re: Experienced package builders: please test my first RPM

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 13:58 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> >> Should I sign the package?  (I'd be new to that, also.)
> >
> >Yes. Have you got a GPG key that's available on a public server?
>
> No.  I can make a key.  I don't know if I have a public server.  I take it
> it's not just a matter of putting my ascii key file on my web site?

Do that too.

To put your key on a public keyserver, first configure GPG to use a
keyserver. I put the line:

keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

in my ~/.gnupg/options or ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file (the two files are
basically equivalent, and the one you have will depend on the version of
gnupg installed when you first used it).

Then use the --send-keys option of gpg to upload your key (see "man
gpg").

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org>