Re: OT - Any Backup software for LINUX that will backup windows client & Server?

On Sep  6, 2005, Jack Taffar <jtaffar aogc biz> wrote:

> 	We currently use ArcServ.  I would like to know if there is a backup
> solution that will run on Linux and that will backup not only unix boxes
> but Window client and server boxes.

Amanda (in Fedora Core) can back up Windows shares using smbclient to
create a tar file out of them.  Last I looked, it couldn't back up
open files (because Windows wouldn't enable the client to open them),
and it wouldn't back up ACLs et al, but it was a while ago...