installation problem

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Sep 8 02:31:26 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 22:29, Gaber,M wrote:
> hi
> I've downloaded the Fedora core 4 dvd from fedora.inode.at
> after it completed i burn it into a dvd and used it to boot the system and
> start fedora setup. the thing is after the start of the setup process i get
> a  " prompt to enter the correct cd with fedora core in it " could anyone
> help me locate the problem ? , i've downloaded Fedora 4 dvd & the sha1sum
> wasn't matched. what went wronge ?
> any other ways to setup ?
> or should i re download the DVD ..
> thank you
It looks like something went wrong with the download... what is hard to tell.
I would download it from a different mirror (maybe their image is already
corrupt for some reason) and make sure that the program I use can handle
large files (some cut off after 2GB). If you use ftp, make sure you
downloaded as binary not ascii.

Peter.