Re: Invalid user name: starting with a digit

Les Mikesell wrote:
If I did something like that I'd forever live in fear that
a needed utility would mis-parse the user name as a
uid number and do something horrible. Chown/chgrp
_might_ be smart enough these days to tell the difference
but I wouldn't count on it always working with every
program that you might use.

So far, I haven't had any problems with username/uid interpretation problems, but then again, the account is pretty much limited to providing email and a password for web iterfaces, so more advance setups may run into a problem.

You had a very good point I hadn't considered. Good thinking.

Justin