xenstored creation poblems

  Hello all,
       I am trying to run xen, and am starting with the wiki
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart instructions.

I find, as it warns, that /var/lib/xen/xenstored/
(and /var/run/xen/xenstored/) are not created, but if I
do make them using the method stated they don't seem to work.
At least, in response to: /sbin/service xend start
I get a continuous stream of mesages like this:

   Exception connecting to xenstored: (2, 'No such file or directory')
Trying again...

Does anyone know how to proceed?
       Thanks,
         Bill