Re: SMARTD: where is database?

On 9/8/05, Reg Clemens <reg dwf com> wrote:
SMARTD has a large database of disks.
Is that a separate file or is it just compiled into the code?

The real question here is what do I have to do to get the 'latest'
version, to see if it covers my disks (the version I have doesnt)

Have you heard of google? It's this web site you can go to and search for stuff :-).

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

You might also have a lot of docs in

/usr/share/doc/smartmontools-5.33

(your version number could be different, depending on what version of FC you're running).