Re: a little help with linux

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:30 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:

[Wireless cards that work "out of box" in Fedora]

> That is not my experience.  I bought an Orinoco mini-pci card for my
> laptop, plugged it in, and it Just Works(TM).  There are a ton of cards
> out there that work with no fiddling.

Is there a list out there of wireless cards/devices that work with no
additional firmware downloads or driver compiles?  That'd be useful to
have.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <charletiv gmail com>
*  ( Formerly tomalek mindspring com )
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com