Re: CD/DVD mounted read only so I can't write

Tony Foster wrote:

I have been experimenting with FC3 and will be moving to FC4 soon after I
get the backup to work.

It appears that when the CD creator mounts the CD it mounts it read only so
that the write fails.

should I just change /etc/fstab and do my backups and ignore this?

No, you should not. This is the normal/correct behavior. Burning a CD is not supported via normal file system techniques.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.