thunderbird?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Thu Sep 8 23:21:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 13:01 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> I miss the hiding thing also... Have not found a solution yet.

I guess that's UI design at it's best: They have not placed the option
to hide deleted messages in the view menu where every normal user would
be expecting it, they have neither hidden it in about:config/user.js
where every developer would be looking for it, no, they have placed it
in "Account Settings/Server Settings": "When I delete a message"
- "Move it to the trash folder" means
  - copy it to the trash folder
  - flag it as deleted
  - hide it from view
- "Mark it as deleted" means
  - flag it as deleted
- "Remove it immediately" means
  - flag it as deleted
  - hide it from view
I think this deserves an entry in the "UI Hall of Shame" (CC)

Have you found a way to set the default view for folders? I would like
to have new folders sorted by Date, Descending, and Threaded.

I am beginning to doubt whether it's worth to mess around with GUI
mailers when mutt can be easily configured to do all these things...

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

"Memory is like gasoline. You use it up when you are running. Of course you
get it all back when you reboot..."
                                        Microsoft Helpdesk