mixing and matching vanilla kernel & Fedora

Is there a howto or other guide to mixing a vanilla kernel.org kernel w/ Fedora?  More importantly, if so, where?

Per my previous message, I'm looking for specific driver support.  It happens to be baked into 2.6.13.  If I could mix 2.6.13 w/ my FC3 installation, I would be all set.