Sudden drop in samba read speed, write is ok.

Hi,

In last few days I noticed that read speed of samba has gone down to
320Kbytes per second but write speed is ok (around 9Mbytes per
second). This is on a 100MBPS LAN. The LAN card I am using on Linux is
sone Intel Pro Dual card (I am using this machine as router +
firewall).

I can provide more info if asked for, as currently I do not know what
else to say.

e100: Intel(R) PRO/100 Network Driver, 3.2.3-k2-NAPI

Regards from
VJ