evolution - cache gone mad?

After some months my $HOME/.evolution/mail has grown to 1.2GB. I very
much wonder if this is a bug or a feature. Is it possible to prevent
evolution from caching IMAP messages or at least restrict the cache
size?

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.