Re: question on using festival with sylpheed

--- Martin Schaaf <mascha ma-scha de> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:00:34 -0700 (PDT) Globe Trotter wrote:
>
> > I have  the following question;  after reading through  the sylpheed
> > manual, it appears that the way to get sylpheed e-mails read using a
> > festival plugin is to use the following:
> >
> > | /usr//bin/festival --tts %p
>
> If festival can  read from stdin use  the pipe symbol in  front of the
> command without the %p.  So you  have the ability to send the complete
> displayed or the selected message text to the command.
>
> bye.

Hi,

| /usr//bin/festival --tts |

does work. However, I wonder if it is not possible to extricate just the body
with an appropriate setting, instead of having to select it. There should be
something in there, since the body is an option used for searching?

Many thanks again for your suggestion! This is definitely a huge step in the
right direction!!

Best wishes!