Re: vt1211 support

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Philip Prindeville wrote:

Is the vt1211 going to be included in the modules in the 2.6.12 kernel,
or are the sources considered tainted (not GPL)?

-Philip

Modules not licensed as GPL as atleast one of its choices are not going to be included in the upstream kernel. If its a GPL compatible license its can be packaged in Fedora Extras but the kernel module package naming has no consensus yet. There is a strong desire to see such modules merged upstream too.

Went back and looked, and indeed vt1211.c is GPL, so I'm not sure why
it hasn't made it into the distribution... I guess it's not part of the CVS tree
for the kernel?

-Philip

regards Rahul