Kate crashing

I am running FC4 with KDE on a Duron 1.2 gHz box with 512mb RAM. If a
file that is open in Kate is changed by another proccess (the apache
log, for instance) I have the option of doing 'view difference'. But
each time I do that, the application just disappears. No KDE crash
popup, nothing. It is just as if I had CTRL-ALT-ESCed it.

Where should I begin troubleshooting? Thanks.

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/441/scritti_politti.php
Scritti Politti Song Lyrics