RE: Network and Server monitoring

There’s also JFFNMS (Just For Fun Networking). I use it on a box at home and it works pretty well. For monitoring both Linux and Windows boxes.

http://jffnms.sourceforge.net/index.php

From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Carpenter
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:04 AM
To: Fedora-Redhat-List
Subject: Network and Server monitoring

I am looking for a way to monitor my servers status. I am also wanting to monitoring specific process or daemons as well and alert me when there is an issue either by email or pager. I would also like to have some sort of IDS or log checking that will alert me when there is a lot of activity in my secure log or messages log out of the ordinary. My network is blocking icmp packets so I cannot ping each server at the current time. Can anyone recommend anything for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

         Thanks,

--
Jonathan Carpenter