the size of Firefox on FC4

Does anyone know why Firefox is 18 megs in FC4, when it's half the size
for other systems (FC3, generic Linux versions, Windows, etc.)?  It's
got to the point that it's bigger than Mozilla!  I could really do
without having to download 18 megs to update some small issue in a
browser every now and then, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I read messages from the public lists.