Re: keyboard locking problem.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 12:09:29PM -0500, akonstam trinity edu wrote:

>>  We have a machine whose keyboard periodically locks up. Because  of
>>  the way we configure our machines I suspect that the machine has not
>>  been correctly configured to be using a usb keyboard rather than a pci
>>  keyboard. However, I can't find by what method the machine can be
>>  properly configured for the usb keyboard as the mouse can be
>>  configured with mouseconfig.

It might not be a problem with the way the machines are configured.
I've noticed a similar problem with a system where the install was
done "from scratch", i.e., using the FC4 install disks.  The machine
in question has the older non-USB (PCI?) type of keyboard.  Details
of xorg.conf on request.

-- blm