OT - has my email domain been hijacked?

Duncan Lithgow kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Wed Sep 14 20:41:38 UTC 2005

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
> Returned mail: User unknown
> Hi List;
>
> I keep getting emails similar to the text below. I/We own the domain
> dataintellect.com and we have email addresses setup however I always see a
> bogus dataintellect.com email address as the sender.
>
> -or is this simply a random spam email?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice...
I'm no expert on this, but I know that there is no implemented standard
form verifying the senders address, I could fiddle with this email and
make it look like it came from you, it's no big deal. (I've just tried
to in a clumsy way, see what the headers say.)

So, probably someone has started using your domain out of convenience,
nothing specific to you.

Duncan