instalation: serial mouse not detected in fc3 and fc4

Hello all,

(sorry if anyone receives this question duplicate...)

During instalation of fc3 (and fc4) it doesn't detect my serial mouse
(old mouse and old pc !!!, pentium @ 133MHz).

In fc3 I get a menu to configure the mouse manually but still it doesn't
work. So I must proceed in text mode...

Can I overcome this ? How ?
And after install will I be able to correctly set up my mouse... how ?

thanks

jmf