USB mouse problems (mouse strts working only when i start the network conf program)

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 12:10:41 UTC 2005

Harikumar Krishnan wrote:
> yeah i found something else too........
> the whole usb devices are detected only after i run the
> system-config-network. b4 running that the lsusb output is blank, theres
> alot of additions in the /var/log/messages files.... USB hub and others r
> only just found out when i run system-config-network.

Weird. Looks like your system is using a Via chipset[1]: I don't have 64
bit experience with these. Which one is it? (The output of lspci should
help).

Are you fully up to date? (Have you used something like yum update to
get all the FC4 updates?) At the very least, you should have the latest
kernel, which is 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4 at time of writing.

When exactly do the USB devices get detected? When you enter
system-config-network, or when you exit? And are you using a graphical
version or a text version?

Sooner or later, you're probably going to have to enter this in
bugzilla.redhat.com. You'll want to include all this information.

James.

[1] Exercise for readers: how did I find that out?

--
E-mail address: james | Users are not like normal particles; they wave when
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | you observe them.