Re: unwanted mount

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 09:31 +0530, V P wrote:
> On 15/09/05, Vassilios Kotoulas <fedoralist kotoulas de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using FC4 with newest updates and gnome desktop. I have a partition
> > which I don't want to be mounted automatically. Here's the line of
> > my /etc/fstab:
> >
> > /dev/hda3               /mnt/hda3               ext3    noauto,user     1 0
> >
> > When I log in, the partition is mounted. When I unmount it it stays
> > umounted until I log out/log in again. Then it's mounted again.
> > Who mounts this partition at login and how can I turn it off?
>
> It is mounted because it is added in /etc/fstab. Just delete/comment
> out the line and the partition wont mount on boot.

This shouldn't be necessary - having the "noauto" flag set should stop
it being mounted. It is often useful to have entries in /etc/fstab for
things you only seldom mount.

Vassilios - during the boot process, do you see /dev/hda3 being mounted?
Or does it seem to be mounted (and unmounted) as you login and logout?

Cheers, Ben