Re: How to know ip address from mac

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
Hi all,
I've been checking our network traffic using iptraf, and it seems that a client is consuming high bandwidth. Unfortunately, iptraf only shows the mac address. Can I get the ip address from the mac address?
I don't use dhcp so I cannot use dhcpreport.pl --mac.

If the offending client is on the same LAN segment as you, you may be able to find it by grepping the output of "/sbin/arp -a"

Paul.