Re: [HOW] Changing FC3 file system to accept longer file names?

The one that is giving me problems is 32 characters long. I'm moving it from my Mac OSX machine to the FC3 machine. I have no idea if the file system is fat/fat32/ext3 etc. How do I find this out so I can let you know?

thanks,
jay

Who long are the file names?
To what FS are you trying to move the files to? ext3? fat/fat32?
As far as I remember, ext3 filenames are limited to 255 characters.

Gilboa