file system corruption

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out whats going on with a system of mine, I have a fairly cheap IDE drive in it (160GB Western Digital), but over the past 2 weeks 2 of the partitions ("/" and "/home") have been corrupted. They are both formatted ext3, and one of them is the root for FC4. I don't see any errors in /var/log/messages, and am not sure where to look. I just want to verify the drive is going out before replacing it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some sw tools are out there to help in diagnosing the problem?

-chris