Using microphone

Hi,
I'm having some problems trying to configure my microphone in Fedora Core 4.

The audio is provided by a intel audio card, recognised as Intel
82801DB-ICH4 in alsamixer.

When I run alsamixer (see here:
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~andres/screenshot.png) I cannot set up the
microphone in the capture section. Strangely enough, I can see the
microphone in the playback part and looks like it is enabled as a
playback device.

The audio output is working, is the audio recording that does not. Any
suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
   Andres