Re: NFS puzzle - need help exporting a machines root file system

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 07:38 -0700, ramb sonic net wrote:
> I just tried to export the root device from A, in /etc/exports:
>
>   /dev/VG/root   B(rw,sync)
>
> and then on B I tried this:
>
>   mount -t nfs A:/dev/VG/root /mnt/tmp1
>   mount: A:/dev/VG/root failed, reason given by server: Not a directory
>
> Maybe the samba idea is looking better...
>
> -Ram

Don't you mean the root directory??

So the /etc/exports file should look like this.

/      B(rw,sync,norootsquash)

and you create your mount point. /mnt/tmp1

then mount it as.

mount B:/ /mnt/tmp1

That should work, as I use a similar type of config and it works fine.
And just make sure that the NFS ports are open in the firewall.

Wolf