Compile Rythmbox

Terry R. Grier terry at tigerstaffing.net
Fri Sep 16 15:30:11 UTC 2005

Hello.
I cannot find any rpms for RB for FC3. at least for the new .9 version.

This is what I get back when trying to install using the instructions.

It is requesting a C .. that I do not have installed.
Is there one on the install CDs that I can add?...
Thanks for your help.

All.

I am trying to learn to complile RB since I cannot find an rmp for FC3.

This is what I am getting back ... after following the directions.
Anybody out there use FC3?
Which "c" should I install?

[root at localhost ~]# cd /home/tgrier/dnloads/rhythmbox-0.9.0
[root at localhost rhythmbox-0.9.0]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ok
checking for iconv... /usr/bin/iconv
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
[root at localhost rhythmbox-0.9.0]#