Re: GUI Newsreader

Paul Smith wrote:
On 9/16/05, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:

Thanks, Pan is great. Is there a list someplace that can be searched? There
are so many great apps in extras (and core) but unless you know the name or
get lucky with `yum info` its hard to find what you're looking for.

See http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Why not to use Google Groups at:

http://groups.google.com/

If you have got a GMail account, you can post from there.

Does groups.google.com support binaries and batch download/uploads like
Pan and nntp?

I guess not, Robin, but it is very handy if one is only interested in text news.

Paul

For text news, Thunderbird will work for nntp servers. I have use it at work. It will work for binaries as well but again, it isn't great. If you follow some binary groups, then you need something that is batch capable.

BTW, thank you for the google link. We do some work here that is followed on usenet but we cannot access the particular groups. Problem now solved, at least for the text part.

--
Robin Laing