nfs mount

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Fri Sep 16 20:40:23 UTC 2005

>From a command line do a 'ping <server_name> and see if that's
successful.  I just dealt with this early today where I was getting a
server down.  The server was up, DNS has the correct info and so did NIS
hosts but my _local_ hosts file had the wrong IP and therefore it was
unreachable.

If you get a response from the server ping, login to the server, do a
'ps -aux | grep nfs' and make sure that NFS is really running.  Also, at
a command line on the server you can do an 'exportfs' and it will show
you what filesystems are exporting.

If all that looks good, try putting

/u01		*(sync)

In your /etc/exports file and restart NFS just to see if it's an
security issue hanging you up.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
---