nfs mount

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Sep 16 21:05:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 01:35:58PM -0700, Vijay A Raghavan wrote:
> I am trying to nfs mount one dir on the server to
> another client.
>
> Both on the server and client I restarted portmap,nfs
> and autofs everything is restarting fine. In the
> /etc/sysconfig/autofs file based on the suggestion of
> few in this forum I have changed the localoptions to
> udp on both the machines.
>
> In the /etc/exports dir I have the folloing
>
> /u01 192.105.12.10(rw,sync)
>
> Where /u01 is the dir in the server and 192.... is the
> ip of the client.
>
> Both the machines run on FC-4 and I tried with
> mount nfsver=2 option too but I get the server down
> message.
>
> Let me know if there is a solution to tackle this.
>
> -Vijay
Have you both nfs and nfslock started in /etc/init.d
Anyway you have to restart the nfs or run exportfs -a after you change
the exports file.

Who wants to remember that escape-x-alt-control-left shift-b puts you into
super-edit-debug-compile mode?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands, especially
Emacs.)
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University