Re: OT - where to buy linux HW

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:21 -0600, kevin kempter dataintellect com
wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> Anyone know of any good retail or online outlets to but Linux
> desktops/servers. I would like to acquire another low cost dev box and I
> refuse to give the M$ chronies any of my money.
>
> Thanks for your advice...

Dunno what part of the globe you're on, but here in Austin there are
several used computer joints that sell name brand (i.e. Dell and IBM and
Compaq) systems with no OS.  I just picked up a couple of OptiPlex GX1p
systems (667 MHz, 512MB memory, 10GB drive) for $79 each.  They're great
for low end testing and such.  Not heavy things like kernel compiles,
though.

Thomas