Problem with ftp-connection through a firewall...

Hi.
I have Gates product 98 on VMware 5.0 and want to connect it to vsftpd
on my FC4 with firewall enabled, with incoming http and ftp allowed.
Still I'm unable to connect to vsftpd, although it's possible to do to
web-server. Of course, when firewall is disabled, ftp-connection is
possible.
Please, any suggestions, doc-links...

--
Best regards,