Re: no sound FC4

> A sound card is detected on my computer. No test sound is heard.I am
> then told that no sound will be available on my machine. Sound
> installation must be detailed somwhere, perhaps a howto ?. Where can I
> find information please. FC4 on Dell Optiflex
>
> --

Well the standard method is to use alsamixer. Make sure the channels you
want to work have enough gain (up arrow) and the channel has a 00 at its
base not a mm (these can be changed by hitting the m key for mute). Maybe
play a CD and manipulate the channels until you hear something. Which
channels should be on depends on your hardware but raising the gain on
non-muted channels usually works.