Re: nfs, lockd: cannot monitor errors

Mike McGrath wrote:
I'm trying to make backuppc save its dumps to an nfs share on a SAN
(SnapServer).  I can mount the share just fine, I can do normal reads
and writes, create files, remove files all the good stuff.  But when I
try to run a backup I get the following errors and the box gets very
angry

--------------
lockd: cannot monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: failed to monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: cannot monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: failed to monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: cannot monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: failed to monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: cannot monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: failed to monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: cannot monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
lockd: failed to monitor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?  (running FC3)
rpc.statd has died, it appears on both server and client...

steved.