gray up2date icon in FC4

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Sep 18 16:38:37 UTC 2005

Amadeus W. M. wrote:

>Why does the up2date applet in FC4 think it can't connect to RHN (showing
>a gray circle with a red diagonal line as in "access denied"), when if I
>start the applet, up2date works fine?

    The applet turns gray when the RHN servers can't be reached. usually
you need to
right click on it and select check for updates to have it try to connect
to the servers again.
If they are up again the applet will become blue again.  Or (as you
discovered) clicking
on it and running a session will "fix" it (assuming the servers are up)

Scott