Re: Unofficial FC4.1 i386 isos

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 18 September 2005 22:10, Craig White wrote:

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 21:29 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
Darn.  Bittorrent can't get thru my firewall. ftp-able iso's sure
would be nice.

----
Why don't you fix your firewall - IIRC, you control your own

firewalling

Craig

There are actually several places I'd have to take the tinsnips to in
order to cut a bittorrent sized hole into here. Theres the router in addition to iptables to deal with.

I've actually  made several passes at it, but the relative lack of
error reporting cripples me in that its a failure, but totally silent
when I try to start a tracker.

You don't need to start a tracker to use a bittorrent client. I've downloaded Fedora ISOs without problems at work, where I am sat behind a Cisco PIX firewall that has *no* incoming ports open (though I can make whatever outbound connections I like, which work as the firewall allows the return data back in).

Paul.