LVM/EXT3 extending

Hi,

I need extending a logical volume that hold my /var partition.
I read in the LVM HOWTO (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/extendlv.html)
that "Unless you have patched your kernel with the ext2online patch it is
necessary to unmount the file system before resizing it."

I have an FC4 fully updated. Is the provided kernel patched with the
ext2online patch?

If not,  a possible solution should be like
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June/msg05578.html

boot rescue mode

# lvm
lvm > lvextend -L20G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol05
lvm > exit
resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol05

reboot

Am I right?

Your sincerely,
Alain
--
Les pages de manuel Linux en fran├žais :
http://manpagesfr.free.fr