NEWBIE: Configuring Linux-Windows network

I'm totally new to both Linux and Samba and since I'm not an expert on Windows networks either I'm in need of a guide (or so), for newbies, about configuring a network between Linux and Windows systems. In my case, my Linuxmachine running FC4 and my laptop (cordless network, WinXP).

Would be great if someone could send me a link or otherwise guide me through this.

MSN: v_marcus_e hotmail com
ICQ: 47134599
...or this email, blackline bodymodification se

The network settings is mostly for filesharing, for the moment.