Re: Tool to resize the NTFS partition.

--- David Le <davidcle yahoo com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use 'parted' utility of FC4 in rescue
> mode
> to resize an NTFS partition, but it's not supported
> that file system yet. I wonder if you know any
> reliable and free software that I can use to resize
> that partition.
>
> Thanks,
> --david le.
>
> --

You have several choices,
Knoppix(http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html),
Kanotix(http://kanotix.com/info/index.php),
SystemRescueCD(http://www.sysresccd.org/), first
MandrakeLinuxCD/MandrivaLinux(http://www1.mandrivalinux.com/en-us/),
etc.
Run Scandisk and Defragment your hard drive before you
intend to resize it.  Make backup(s) if you need to do
so you won't loose valueable information.
The choices posted might be overwhelming, but use what
you have at hand if at all possible.  If you have to
download, get SystemRescueCD since it is a smaller
download.

Best Regards,

Antonio

Yahoo! for Good